Join Core Strength Vinyasa Master Trainer Melissa Scott and guest trainers on your next teacher training journey.
This is the only Core Strength Vinyasa-based 300-hour teacher training in the Southeast! CSV is a powerful, supportive, anatomy-based flow. It’s growing quickly in popularity around the world as students feel its unique and deeply strengthening benefits.
This one-of-a-kind flow knowledge is paired with alignment-based therapeutics and Yoga Psychology for a training to advance your skills and help you meet a variety of student needs on the mat. No other training in the South offers this much anatomy, therapeutics, and psychology info.
This training consists of advanced instruction in three major areas:
- Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga – A blend of cutting-edge anatomy knowledge and empowering Vinyasa flow. CSV sessions will focus on refining your cueing skills to help students prevent injury, feel stronger, and gain more freedom and control on their mats.
- Therapeutic Yoga – Help students address a variety of need on the mat, from mobility limitations, to injury prevention and recovery, to yoga for specific physical conditions. Focus on alignment-based therapeutics. Featuring therapeutics lecture, demo, and discussion with Alignment-Based teacher Kim Drye, RYT-500.
- Yoga Psychology – Learn how to use yoga to address and support mental health concerns. From one-on-one sessions, to mental health in group classes, trainees will gain advanced skills to work with a variety of psychological needs.
Offered in convenient 5-day modules, three times per year. Training modules take place Wednesday-Sunday, 9am-5pm each day.
Modules can be taken individually for continuing ed, or all together for a full 300-hour (RYT-500) teacher training. The full 300-hour training takes two years to complete.
Training is hosted by Villager Yoga, located at 3150 Overton Rd, Birmingham, AL 35223.
Trainees must have completed ANY Yoga Alliance-approved 200-hour yoga teacher training prior to the start of the fist module date.
Each module is offered at a flat rate of $500. Trainees are welcome to pay as they go by module, or to pay tuition up front.
Upcoming Module Dates & Descriptions:
Modules can be taken in any order. You do not have to have completed previous modules to take one currently being offered.
April 26-30, 2017: Module 3 – Yoga Psychology 101
- Anatomy of the Central Nervous System
- Yoga for Anxiety
- Yoga for Depression & Mood Disorders
- Yoga for Eating Disorders
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga
Sept 27-Oct 1, 2017: Module 4 – Advanced Poses & Forward Folds
- Anatomy of the Upper Body
- The 7 Core Cues in Arm Balances & Inversions
- How to Progress Inversions
- Hands on Adjustments & Assists
- Advanced Cuing for Seated Poses
- How to Progress Forward Folds
Jan 17-21, 2018: Module 5 – Yogic Lifestyle & the Teacher’s Role
- Anatomy of Breathing
- Nutrition for a Healthy Life
- Psychology of the Chakras
- Learning to Look at Bodies
- How to Teach Private Sessions
- The Ethics of Yoga Therapy
- Busting Self-Sabotage
- Finding Your Voice
April 25-29, 2018: Module 6 – Yoga Off the Mat
This module will examine the role yoga teachers can plan in society. Participants will work together to develop a manageable community project based on individual strengths and group interest.